Most Popular Technologies: This year, stackoverflow compared the most popular technologies across three different groups: All respondents, Professional Developers, and those that are learning to code.
Programming, scripting, and markup languages
Compared to Professional Developers, those learning to code are less likely to report using SQL (38% vs. 53%), TypeScript (15% vs. 40%), and Bash/Shell (19% vs. 29%).
Below is the list of most popular technologies of 2022:
Most Popular Technologies
Structured Query Language, abbreviated as SQL, is a domain-specific language used in programming and designed for managing data held in a relational database management system, or for stream processing in a relational data stream management system.
Python is a high-level, general-purpose programming language. Its design philosophy emphasizes code readability with the use of significant indentation. Python is dynamically-typed and garbage-collected. It supports multiple programming paradigms, including structured, object-oriented and functional programming.
All I can say about that python is easier to learn in compare of any other programming language and python is almost have library for everything a developer need in daily work life,. Python can be used for multi purpose like:
1. Web and Internet Development
Python offers many choices for web development:
- Frameworks such as Django and Pyramid.
- Micro-frameworks such as Flask and Bottle.
- Advanced content management systems such as Plone and django CMS.
Python’s standard library supports many Internet protocols:
- HTML and XML
- E-mail processing.
- Support for FTP, IMAP, and other Internet protocols.
- Easy-to-use socket interface.
And the Package Index has yet more libraries:
- Requests, a powerful HTTP client library.
- Beautiful Soup, an HTML parser that can handle all sorts of oddball HTML.
- Feedparser for parsing RSS/Atom feeds.
- Paramiko, implementing the SSH2 protocol.
- Twisted Python, a framework for asynchronous network programming.
2. Scientific and Numeric
Python is widely used in scientific and numeric computing:
- SciPy is a collection of packages for mathematics, science, and engineering.
- Pandas is a data analysis and modeling library.
- IPython is a powerful interactive shell that features easy editing and recording of a work session, and supports visualizations and parallel computing.
- The Software Carpentry Course teaches basic skills for scientific computing, running bootcamps and providing open-access teaching materials.
3. Desktop GUIs
The Tk GUI library is included with most binary distributions of Python. Some toolkits that are usable on several platforms are available separately:
Platform-specific toolkits are also available:
- Microsoft Foundation Classes through the win32 extensions
4. Software Development
Python is often used as a support language for software developers, for build control and management, testing, and in many other ways.
- SCons for build control.
- Buildbot and Apache Gump for automated continuous compilation and testing.
- Roundup or Trac for bug tracking and project management.
5. Business Applications
Python is also used to build ERP and e-commerce systems:
- Odoo is an all-in-one management software that offers a range of business applications that form a complete suite of enterprise management applications.
- Tryton is a three-tier high-level general purpose application platform.
Java is a programming language and computing platform first released by Sun Microsystems in 1995. It has evolved from humble beginnings to power a large share of today’s digital world, by providing the reliable platform upon which many services and applications are built.
Bash: Bash is a Unix shell and command language written by Brian Fox for the GNU Project as a free software replacement for the Bourne shell. First released in 1989, it has been used as the default login shell for most Linux distributions. Bash was one of the first programs Linus Torvalds ported to Linux, alongside GCC.
Shell: A Unix shell is a command-line interpreter or shell that provides a command line user interface for Unix-like operating systems. The shell is both an interactive command language and a scripting language, and is used by the operating system to control the execution of the system using shell scripts.
C# is a general-purpose, high-level multi-paradigm programming language. C# encompasses static typing, strong typing, lexically scoped, imperative, declarative, functional, generic, object-oriented, and component-oriented programming disciplines.
C++ (pronounced “C plus plus”) is a high-level general-purpose programming language created by Danish computer scientist Bjarne Stroustrup as an extension of the C programming language, or “C with Classes”. The language has expanded significantly over time, and modern C++ now has object-oriented, generic, and functional features in addition to facilities for low-level memory manipulation. It is almost always implemented as a compiled language, and many vendors provide C++ compilers, including the Free Software Foundation, LLVM, Microsoft, Intel, Embarcadero, Oracle, and IBM, so it is available on many platforms.
C++ was designed with systems programming and embedded, resource-constrained software and large systems in mind, with performance, efficiency, and flexibility of use as its design highlights. C++ has also been found useful in many other contexts, with key strengths being software infrastructure and resource-constrained applications, including desktop applications, video games, servers (e.g. e-commerce, web search, or databases), and performance-critical applications (e.g. telephone switches or space probes).
PHP is a general-purpose scripting language geared toward web development. It was originally created by Danish-Canadian programmer Rasmus Lerdorf in 1993 and released in 1995. The PHP reference implementation is now produced by The PHP Group.
These are the top most popular technologies of 2022 by stackoverflow.
your comments are appreciated and if you wants to see your articles on this platform then please shoot a mail at this address email@example.com
Thanks for reading 🙂